effective date: 2023-09-04
find outdated versions in the Archive
7tech GmbH (“7tech”, “we” or “us”) is pleased to provide you with access to our Services which are grouped under the umbrella term APPS+MORE. The APPS+MORE Service collection contains:
- SHARE+MORE: sharing 3D-models like CAE 3D-results
- FAST+MORE: modeling and assessment of Fasteners, Bolts, Rivets inside ANSYS Workbench
- WELD+MORE: weld assessment for Finite Element Analyes
All elements of theses Service platform, along with each individual software element, are referred to herein as the “Services” and may be modified from time to time at our sole discretion.
One common User-Account (based on email and password) can be created to the APPS+MORE Service collection and is used to grant access to each service separately. The user is hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “you”.
Information We Collect
We collect information on and through our Services. The specific types of information we collect vary depending on the nature of our relationship with you and how you choose to interact with us, but may include personal data. Generally speaking, we collect information in three main ways: A) when you provide it to us, B) automatically when you use the Services, and C) from service providers and third parties.
A. Information You Provide
You can provide us with different kinds of information depending on how you interact with the Services. Sometimes we’ll ask you to provide specific pieces of information, such as where we require it to provide parts of the Services to you (for example, by prompting you to complete an online registration process). If we ask you to provide us with information in these cases and you choose not to, you may not be able to access the relevant Services and/or some features may not operate as intended. For instance, to register as a user and create a profile, you’ll need to provide us with basic registration information like your emain address, password, name, city and country in which you are located and use the services. If you want to make a purchase, we may ask that you provide payment-related information (like your credit card data, PayPal e-mail address, VAT number, and business location).
We also collect the information you voluntarily provide as part of your user profile (like further address details, phone number, skills, and interests), to sign up for email alerts, complete surveys, or to contact you for customer support.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit, access, or use the Services. This includes information about your site or application usage, user interactions, purchases, and other activity in the Services, typically associated with your account profile or with an identifier we have assigned to your device or profile. While the specific types of information that we automatically collect may vary, they generally include:
- Usage information and statistics about how you interact with the Services, including the application you used, saved preferences, crash reports and navigation data (like the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page);
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access our Services, such as IP address, device identifiers, your internet service provider, plugins, or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system-related specifications); and
- The general location of your device, which we typically derive from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on the Services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the Services or others websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
C. Information We Collect from Other Sources
In some cases, we may also receive information about you from third parties or service providers in connection with your use of the Services or your interactions with us on other platforms. For instance, while using the Services, individuals may provide information about another individual, or an authorized user (such as an account administrator) creating an account on your behalf may provide information about you.
As another example, if you interact with our Services on an external website or service (like LinkedIn), the company that operates that website or service may share some information with us in accordance with their own privacy practices. Your privacy settings on the other company’s website or service typically control the specific types of information they can share with us, so please be sure to review and update them regularly.
How We Use Your Information
As a general matter, we use the information we collect (either individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze and promote the Services.
This includes using it for purposes such as:
- Creating use profiles, verifying and managing user accounts and features;
- Providing the Services, as well as support and assistance for them, including by responding to inquiries, processing transactions or requests, and communicating with users (such as by sending service and account-related messages and updates);
- Developing, delivering, and improving the Services and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- Personalizing your experience, including by presenting content or features better tailored to you or your interests, or our inferences about your interests;
- Promoting the Services, including managing, customizing, and measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements, promotional offers, surveys, and events;
- Conducting research and data analytics (like analyzing how the Services are used so we can better understand, improve, and personalize them);
- Complying with our legal or contractual obligations and enforcing our terms; and
- Securing the Services, such as by detecting fraud and otherwise protecting epic and other users from illegal or harmful actions.
Recipients of Your Information
We may otherwise disclose your information:
- to business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example for hosting and operating the Services or providing support and maintenance services for the Services;
- to analytics and search engine providers and other selected third parties that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- to our regulators, law enforcement, or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our advisors (including legal advisors and auditors), courts, and any other authorized bodies, for the purposes of investigating any actual or suspected criminal activity or other regulatory or legal matters;
- in the event of certain types of corporate transactions (like in connection with a restructuring or sale of all or a significant part of our business);
- to legal advisors and otherwise in connection with legal proceedings to enforce or apply our rights under any contract; and
- otherwise where we have notified you of the intended disclosure, and where required, you have expressly given your prior consent to such disclosure.
You may provide information or content to be published or displayed on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties.
Privacy Settings / Controls
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal data we collect. The specific choices available to you often vary depending on how you interact with the Services:
- If we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You can also change your email marketing preferences at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in our marketing emails.
- If you wish to modify any of your user profile information, restrict the processing of your personal data, or cancel your account, you may update the settings in your user profile or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can request that we provide access to, or that we correct or delete, personal information we’ve collected from you. Please submit requests to access, update, or delete personal information associated with your APPS+MORE account by contacting us at email@example.com. Note that we may ask you for additional information to help us verify who you are before completing your request.
- You can change your browser or mobile device settings to block, manage, delete, or limit tracking technologies like cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause the Services not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- Some parts of the world provide individuals with specific choices related to their personal information by right under local law. For example, Where the French Data Protection Act is applicable, you have the right to make arrangements for the storage and communication of your personal data after your death. To exercise this right (or others), you can send us your instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18. By using our Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Our Global Operations
A. Data Transfers
If we transfer your personal data collected in the European Union to locations outside of the European Economic Area (for example, the United States), we do so pursuant to transfer mechanisms, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”), adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards for your personal data. The current version of the SCCs can be found at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32021D0914&from=EN.
Please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below if you would like more information regarding the transfer mechanisms we use for such transfers, or if you would like us to provide you with a copy of them.
B. Residents of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland
If you’re located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland, you have certain rights regarding how your personal data is processed. Under the GDPR and, to the extent applicable under other privacy laws, you may have the rights listed below:
- The right to request access to your personal data (through us providing a copy).
- The right to correct your personal data if it is not accurate or complete.
- The right to erase or delete your personal data where there is no longer a reason for us to continue to process it.
- The right to object to or restrict or block the processing of your personal data, such as for direct marketing.
- The right to obtain a portable copy of the personal data you have provided.
- The right to not be subject to automated decisions, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.
- Where you have provided your consent to our data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
You can request to exercise these rights, with a proof of your identity, by emailing email@example.com.
We will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request. If your request is not sufficiently precise or does not include all elements enabling us to answer your request, we may ask you to provide additional elements.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection authorities. Please click https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en for information about EU data protection authorities, and https://ico.org.uk/ for information about the UK data protection authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you contact a data protection regulator, and ask that you direct your complaint to us first.
Basis for Processing
The legal bases we rely on to process your personal data depend on the Services you use and how you interact with them. They primarily include:
- Contractual Necessity: we process personal data to perform the Services you requested under our Terms of Service or other similar contractual agreements with you. For example, we process personal data to set up and maintain your account; process your purchases; provide user-experience features (like saving likes and follows); monitor and analyze the Services; and detect and prevent fraud or other similar misuse. We also rely on performance of a contract to manage our relationship with you, which includes responding to your support requests or general inquiries, and notifying you about changes to our applicable terms or policies.
- Legitimate Interests: we process personal data as needed for our business purposes, as balanced against the potential impact on your privacy rights. This includes many common purposes that you’d reasonably expect, such as to: communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with account updates, upgrades, and information; better understand our users and their preferences; personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user experience features; develop, deliver, and improve the Services and other offerings (some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties); manage and customize our advertisements or promotional offers; secure and protect the Services; prevent fraud and illegal activity; and support internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- Legal Obligations: we process personal data when necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities or other government officials in accordance with relevant legal processes.
- Consent: we process personal data when you provide us with your consent to do so. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal data to be processed for the requested purposes, and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
We retain personal data for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an account with us, we will store the personal data associated with your account for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the Services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the Services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of the Services to you.
C. California Residents
In addition, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents may have certain other rights concerning their personal information, as described below.
California Personal Information We Collect
During the past twelve (12) months, we and our service providers have collected the categories of personal information listed below as described in the CCPA, and further detailed in the “Information We Collect” section above.
- Identifiers (for example, name, postal address, email address, IP address, and online identifiers);
- Categories of personal information as defined by Cal. Civ. Code Â§ 1798.80 (for example, credit or debit card information);
- Protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, demographic information like age);
- Commercial information (for example, transaction history);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (including information on your usage of the Services);
- Geolocation data (such as location derived from your IP address or included in your billing information;
- Professional or employment related information (if included in your profile); and
- Inferences drawn from any information identified above to create a profile.
Use of California Personal Information
We may use each of these categories of California personal information that we collect for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
Sharing California Personal Information
We may disclose each of these categories of California personal information that we collect as indicated above to the categories of third parties described in the “Recipients of Your Personal Data” section above.
We do not sell California personal information, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell California personal information of California consumers under the age of 16 years old.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to 1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose; (2) request deletion of your personal information; (3) opt out of sale of your personal information (if any); and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
If you would like to exercise rights under the CCPA, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us using the other methods listed in the “Contacting the Vendor” section below.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with California personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the California personal information relates to you. If you have an online account with us, we may deliver our written response to that online account. If you do not have an online account with us, we will deliver our written response by email or electronically. If we refuse to act on the request, we will provide you notice and the reason for our refusal.
We may use various cookies or other tracking technologies on our Services for analysis and improvement. When you visit our Services, these technologies may be placed on your device for the following purposes:
- Internal cookies required to run the website in the best possible manner (including for user authentication, to keep your session active when logged-in, and to indicate the content to display a user);
- Audience measurement and analytics; and
- Third party cookies improving the interactivity of the Services (including to help run our Blog, Forum, and Help Center).
Manage cookie settings
You may adjust your browser or website preferences to accept or reject cookies and similar technologies from us. Please consult your browser’s settings or help menu for more information. However, blocking cookies or similar technology might prevent you from accessing some of our content or features of the Services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website and apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access, including keeping security patches up to date, and by constantly investigating new ways to keep data secure.
Language of this document
This document may be translated into local language for the assistance of local parties. The English version shall have precedence over the local language translation to the extent of any inconsistencies.